Question : I've signed up and paid for a subscription, but I missed getting my login information in the process; or I forgot my login information. How do I get access to my subscription Username and Password?
First Login to your paypal account at https://www.paypal.com/
1. Under the "My Account" Tab, click "Profile"
3. Click "My Preapproved Payments"- at the bottom of the Finacial Information column.
4. Click on Nick Fiorenza hyperlink, under the "Merchant " column.
There you will find your username and password.
Note: Please contact your seller (nick at lunarplanner) directly with any questions about your subscription. You can find your seller's contact information in the email receipt you received when you signed up for your subscription, or in your transaction details.
If you change your billing information on your Paypal account (such as updating your credit card information, changing you card number, expiration date, or bank account) your subscription will automatically be canceled. To make billing changes and avoid auto-cancelation, you must also change the "subscription funding source."
To change a subscription funding source follow the steps below.
1. Click the link below to log in. It will take you directly to your Subscription Details.
2. Under 'Subscription Funding Source' choose a different funding source from one of the drop-downs.
If you are changing your funding source to a new credit card or bank account, please add the credit card or bank account "first" by going to your Profile. You can then follow the steps below to change the subscription funding source.
1. Log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com
2. Click the "History" subtab.
3. Choose the "Subscriptions" field from the Show drop-down menu.
4. Check the "From" box and change date back 2 years or more, as needed.
5. Click "Search."
6. Click "Details" in the Details column of your Subscription Creation.
7. Select the funding source you wish to use for future subscription payments and click "Update Information."
When updating financial information, if the established credit card or bank account information is removed as the funding source for a Subscription payment, the Subscription and Recurring Payments will be canceled. Canceling a subscription cancels all future scheduled payments of that subscription.
Once a subscription has been canceled it cannot be reactivated.
You can create a new subscription via this link:
By default, your (Paypal) Email Notification Preferences are set so that you will NOT receive an email receipt each time a payment is sent for this subscription. If you would like to receive an email receipt each time payment is sent for this subscription, log in to your PayPal account and go to the "Profile" subtab of the "My Account" tab. Choose the "Notifications" link from the "Account Information" section and follow the on-screen instructions to change this Preference.
1. Click the "My Account" tab.
2. Click the "Profile" subtab. (Note: you must click the Profile link itself, not an item in its dropdown menu)
3. Click the "Notifications" link in the "Account Information column."
4. Uncheck or check the box marked PayPal Preferred Notifications.
5. Click Save to save your notification preferences.
Question : How do I cancel a subscription?
You can cancel your subscription from your Paypal Account transaction history.
Cancelling your subscription will immediately stop all future scheduled payments for the subscription.
A subscription can be canceled up to the day of the next scheduled payment.
This button will take you directly to your Paypal account subscription.
Alternately, you can login to your paypal account at https://www.paypal.com/
1. Click "My Account."
2. Click "History" at the top of the page.
3. Select "Subscriptions" from the "Show" button menu.
4. Set the date range that you wish to search.
5. Click Search.
6. Click "Details" to view the details of a specific Subscription transaction.
7. Click "Cancel Subscription."
8. Click "Cancel Subscription" again.
NEVER give your Paypal password to anyone, including Paypal employees. Protect yourself against fraudulent web sites (or emails posing to be sent by Paypal). NEVER click a link in such an email. Always open a new web browser window and type in the Paypal URL every time you log in to your Paypal account. Visit Paypal's Security center. Log into you Paypal account. Click on the "Security Center" link in the upper right of the page. There you will find information about Fighting Fraudulent Emails; Phishing; Identity Theft--tips everyone should know. This is valuable information, not just for Paypal, but for any online banking or business company with whom you deal, including your email company or your web hosting company. Unfortunately the ill-intended often pose as a real company by sending fake emails that direct the unsuspecting to fake web sites attempting to steal your personal information. The solution is simple--knowledge. Get the facts.
The link to this "About Your Subscription" page can also be found at the bottom of the subscribe/unsubscribe page should you need it in the future; and also via the "Lost your password" link under the members login button on the Lunar Planner home page.It can also be found on the Lunar Planner Site Map, which is accessible from the Home Page main menu.